A Live Streaming and In Person event setup

Hi all

I hope everyone is well.

We are going to be live streaming several performances. So our customers will have a choice of purchasing a ticket to attend in person or watch the live stream of the event.

I am trying to figure out the best way to ticket those events and I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this.

Several ideas are:

-Setting up the show as 2 different events for sale. 1 in person the other live stream.

Creating a new seating chart in 1 event and name certain seats as live streaming only. For example we could use the rear lodge as live stream seats instead of in person seats.

Also, what would be the best way to send the link to the customer if they purchased the live stream. An individual email to the customer, maybe add it to line 2 of the ticket face, is there a way to adapt the confirmation email that only the live stream ticket purchasers get the link?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you much,
Lou

Hi Lou,

Artsman recognizes the need for the show to go on and that this may mean transitioning to online productions. For that reason our Development Team have been working on a new features that allow you to stream an event through the ticketing site.

Patrons who have purchased a ticket can click a link, login to the ticketing site and have access to a waiting area prior to the stream starting. This waiting room is customizable and will contain a count down to the start of the live stream. When the stream is ready to begin patrons will be taken to a page with an embedded video of the production.

This feature allows the streaming of historical or real time content using an embedded link within the web page. For more information on setup and how to implement this feature please contact the Support Team for details.

Bonnie

Is this a feature that is available now or coming in a future release?

A beta version should be released in the coming weeks. Watch the release notes and Theatre Thought Thursday for more details.

1 Like

Bonnie, will the new LiveStreaming functionality be a part of Theatre Manager’s Patrons/Events/Donations software package or will it require an upgrade? I’m just trying to estimate any additional costs for this technology. Thanks!

Hi Stephanie,

This will be a free enhancement for any client that does ticketing through TM.

Thanks Tod. That’s what I figured, but we’re currently preparing our budget for next fiscal year so I wanted to make sure we had everything covered. Stay well!

Now that we have streaming capability, what is the best way to set up a hybrid event - one that includes limited physical distanced seating as well as streamed tickets? I thought I had seen something about how to set this up, but I’m having trouble finding it.

Hi Mary,

We would recommend one Event with two performances.

The first performance would be tickets for seats within the venue. This may be a General Admission performance or a Reserved Seating performance with a Social Distanced seating implementation.

The second performance would be a General Admission performance. It would be setup with the Live and would contain the Live streaming setup and details.

The Performance Notes, located in the Performance Detail window, can include details outlining the difference between the performances (in person vs streamed) to help patrons during the online purchase process.

Please feel free to reach out to the support team for more information should you need further assistance.

Bonnie

2 Likes