BOX OFFICE MANAGER POSITION
Actors’ Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre
A regional professional theatre company.
Coral Gables, Florida
Seeks a full-time Box Office Manager
Full Time Position with Benefits
For Immediate Hire
Salary based on education and experience
Work references are required
Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented and organized, have excellent leadership and communication skills, be computer proficient and able to learn and implement new technology, positive and enthusiastic and motivating to guests, box office staff, and volunteers, willingness to go the “extra mile” and be a forward thinker and problem solver. The box office manager must exercise the highest work ethics and standards.
This position requires hands-on Box Office duties and the supervision of Box Office staff and volunteers. Duties include but are not limited to providing the highest levels of customer service, conducting maintenance of patron subscribers, soliciting individual and group ticket sales, managing all patron sales for education field trips, classes, and fundraising events. Skilled in recruiting and training Box Office staff and volunteers to complete all tasks proficiently. The position requires flexible hours necessary on weekdays and weekends onsite at the theatre. The Box Office Manager has a close working relationship with the General Manager and the Marketing/Development team. Qualifications and other position-related tasks are listed below.
Qualifications & Skills:
• College certificate and or diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in a related customer service position, sales and/or marketing.
• Strong customer communication service skills, suggestive selling, up selling, and ability to increase box office sales through group sales for Mainstage and Children’s Theatre events.
• Management and leadership skills necessary to direct, recruit and train others.
• Ability to complete multiple projects quickly and efficiently with excellent customer problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills with computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and data base management. Point of sale “Theater Manager” database training provided but must possess ability to learn programs quickly and train other staff to use them well
• Diplomatic, tactful, and customer-focused, with a professional phone manner, comfortable to speak to groups and ability to interact with staff, patrons, volunteers and new clients.
• Must project a professional and positive image and be able to take direction and fulfill responsibilities under stress or pressure, with minimal direct supervision.
• Can accommodate a flexible schedule, including ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
• Ability to problem solve in unexpected situations
• Maintain current and solicit new subscription, single ticket, and group sales.
• Maintain and manage staff to maintain and solicit sales in student educational field trips, and other sales related events
• Ensure that all sales reporting is accurately kept in the Theatre Manager and other necessary reporting documents and are reported daily to the General Manager and the bookkeeper
• Participate in staff meetings bringing to the staff matter of attention in the box office.
• Assist in recruiting, training and retaining Box Office staff and maintain a box office during all hours of operation and schedule staff well in advance of theatre events.
• Sell tickets to all performances; oversee the taking of ticket orders and the processing of routine office functions by staff assuring accuracy following procedures and theatre policy
• Make outbound calls for sales and service.
• Maintain records of Box Office sales activity including the end-of-day close and preparation of bank deposits.
• Serve as a supervisor to the Assistant Box Office Manager and Concession Manager and review their duties and reports
• Order front of house maintenance and concession supplies.
• Keep an accurate file on all invoices and deliveries.
• Assist with all aspects of annual Season Ticket Sales campaign, such as solicitation, processing of orders, record changes, record keeping, and distribution and mailing of processed orders.
• Manage all aspects of Arts Management (AM) system, providing reports of ticket trends, sales volume, etc. to upper management.
• Provide a monthly report to management that includes, but is not limited to, tickets sales, group sales and yearly comparisons and general progress of the Box Office and volunteer status.
• Solve any last-minute problems that may arise prior to or during a performance within theatre policy to ensure that each patron is provided a positive theatre experience
• Send survey to theatre patrons following each event and document the results of
• Review new and current policies with staff weekly.
• Control ticketing and accurately manage all complimentary tickets in each performance.
• Maintain the Box Office Policies.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Reference Box Office Manager Position.