There are many factors to take into consideration when selling a patron a ticket to an Event.
- Do the patrons already exist in the database?
- Does the import file contain the Patron Number to match the Theatre Manager database?
- Are there multiple Performances within the Event and if so, which Performance is the patron to be seated in?
- Is the Performance Reserved, General Admission or a Course?
- If Reserved seating is being used what seat should the patron be allocated?
- Does the Performance contain tiered seating and if so which tier should the patron be seated within?
- Are there any Promotions that apply to the patron?
- What Price Code and Promotion should be use?
- How will the tickets be paid for?
In addition to this if the Performance is Reserved seating there are also social distance seating regulations to take into consideration when seating the patron in the map.
With all this in mind, directly importing patrons into an Event require a complicated set of algorithms to ensure the questions to the questions above are accurately followed. A client can work with our data archaeologist Darwin to have tickets imported into their database. Should you be interested in this service please email support and we will be happy to make arrangements to assist you.