Global Arts Live, a nonprofit organization bringing the best international music, contemporary dance, and jazz from around the world to stages across Greater Boston, seeks applications for the position of Box Office Manager. The organization presents approximately 60 concerts annually.
The Box Office Manager assists in directing incoming phone traffic, receive phone orders, assist online sales, reconciles daily activity, coordinates volunteer ushers for certain venues, and maintains the database. This person will be responsible for the set-up of all our concerts on an automated ticketing system, coordinating outlet sales, managing single-ticket and subscriber sales through our office and at concerts, handling member seating assignments and member services throughout the year, and providing reports to management as needed. Presence at most concerts is required.
The overall responsibility of the Box Office Manager is to ensure the effective and smooth running of a very busy box office.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, excellent concerts, a small and friendly group of colleagues, and a pleasant (if sometimes hectic) working environment.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
• Must be able to take initiative and problem solve
• Pleasant, friendly manner and a sincere commitment to customer service
• Minimum one year prior Box Office experience
• Drupal CRM experience a plus
• Familiarity with the arts and supervisory experience are a plus
• Working knowledge of Windows, MS Excel, MS Word
• Knowledge of Theatre Manager a plus
How To Apply: Qualified candidates should send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY BY 7/19/19.