Database Clean-up - Mailing & Donations

I am working on cleaning up our database… I want to clean up the duplicate individuals that exist in multiple households because they have roles within multiple organizations / companies. I am starting with our own staff and those businesses that we know. I have in some cases created a company to hold all of the corporate donations and moved the individuals out to their respective personal households.

I have built the appropriate relationships between the employer and employee.

Now the question is when doing a thank you mailing, how do I get the correct contact when sending a thank you. I.e. John Smith on behalf of idontknow, LLC.

Would I use the letter tab while processing the donation?

So the donation record is under one account and you want to link via a relationship to a different patron to pull the individual contact person’s name? That sounds complicated - what if the company account is linked to multiple “employee” relationships? How do you know which employee is the contact for that donation? Are the patrons kept in the same household or is there a soft credit value matching the two accounts? Do you record a contact name in the donation record itself somewhere?

I think I have solved this procedural issue.

After adding a donation to a Company I found where to add a letter at the bottom of Pledge Schedule / Contacts:

Clicking ADD opens the Form Letter table:

Choose your letter and edit as needed: