Florida Repertory Theatre- Front of House Manager
The Front of House Manager is responsible for offering superior customer service to our current and prospective audiences and donors. As such, s/he will inspire, motivate, and lead our box office staff and volunteer usher team to deliver a remarkable customer experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Specific duties include:
• Supervision of all box office, front of house, and concessions operations, and providing front line support when needed.
• Programming box office and online ticket sales software and serve as primary troubleshooter for any problems that may arise.
• Hiring, training, and scheduling of box office staff, interns, and volunteer staff.
• Reconciliation of cash and credit card reports.
• Working with the senior management team to set show and subscription prices, design promotions, timing and placement of discounts, and length of show runs.
• Creating budgets for box office and concessions operations and ensuring adherence to that budget. Working with the General Manager and Managing Director on cash flow strategies.
• Ordering supplies, maintains inventories, and ensures compliance with all food safety regulations. Keeps all appropriate records for regulatory agencies.
• Serving as primary facilities manager for front of house issues in both normal daily operations as well as special events for both service and safety issues. Scheduling maintenance, cleaning, and inspections with outside vendors.
• Being very comfortable working with the pubic and skilled in public speaking.
• Programming of lobby video display presentations.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
• Have a working knowledge of all theatre functions, including projection equipment, food and beverage operations, and facility services.
• Be a skilled leader and trainer, with excellent communication skills.
• Understand techniques for working with both paid staff as well as volunteers.
• Have the ability to maintain a calm demeanor in the face of challenging public interactions, up to and including emergency situations.
• Ticketing software experience- Theatre Manager preferred.
• Be computer literate, especially with Microsoft and major online apps.
• Be a team player and be willing to assist wherever needed, from cleaning to curtain speeches.
• Thrive on working an ever-changing schedule that will include nights and weekends.
• Be willing to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace and our patron base.
• Be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Have a minimum of a high school diploma.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in the theatre, or customer service experience combined with a love for the theatre. Florida Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone, including candidates from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds, to apply.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org