How early is too early for Christmas?

Hello TM users, I posted this on Facebook as well but I thought I’d cast my net wider. This isn’t so much a database question, but it’s definitely a ticketing question. It looks like the way Thanksgiving is falling next year is going to screw with our schedule for our Christmas musical slot. For anyone working in an academic theatre setting, how early is too early to start running a Christmas show? In our current planning, the show would start around November 20th. Thanks for any advising!

Don’t know if this is helpful or not, but theREP starts their Christmas title every year the day after Thanksgiving, so the 20th doesn’t seem too early to my mind, but I’m not a marketer, so, take that with a grain of salt…

We regularly start our Christmas show around the 20th of November here at Vancouver TheatreSports. As we are in Canada we don’t have the Thanksgiving conflict so as long as it is after Remembrance Day we are ok. We get a high volume of companies booking for staff parties looking to celebrate earlier as they don’t have time the closer you get to the holiday. This also lets us tap into school field trips before they go on break. Hope that helps a little.

We’re the same as Holly, after Remembrance Day Nov 11, Christmas is a go.