In Memory of Tom Misner

My deepest condolences to Tom’s family and the Arts Management family. Such a loss. Tom was always on top of things and beyond helpful. I would get a phone call and email from him letting me know my site was down even before I knew it. Always enjoyed our conversation while I was working with my District IT to get it back up and running. When we would work on support issues he was patient and understanding. I will truly miss him.

Mark Craig
Golden West College Theater

3 Likes

We began using Theatre Manager 13 years ago. After our initial install we were ready for support to come out for onsite training. After having talked with Tom on many support calls in that first six months we asked if he could come out and be our trainer.

We were fortunate enough to have several training sessions during the years and Tom was always the one who came out. My husband (who also works at PCPA) and I were the fortunate ones to be his transportation while he was here. We had many meals out over the years where we really got to know each other.

On one training visit, because Tom had such a fun personality, one of my staff said to him “what a dork”. Tom told her “you know what that means?” and she replied yes. I won’t put the definition in here, but you can look that up. That became our running joke with him.

My husband and I took a trip to Boston a little over 3 years ago. When I told Tom this he basically said “if you come that far and don’t see me…” I think I would have been in trouble. But I also said he’d better not be out on some onsite training. We took a train ride to Portland, Maine where he picked us up. When we saw each other, there was the biggest smile you could imagine and we got the biggest, best Bear Hug of all time.

He took us to Holy Donuts (a must if you are in Portland), to the Portland Head Lighthouse and an amazing dinner at Estes Lobster House which was fabulous. And of course he treated us to it all. That trip with him will be in our memories forever.

I too loved it when I got him on support and especially when I got to talk with him. Loved his voice. We took care of the support issue and then checked in on each other on a personal level. I don’t know why but when he emailed from support my name became Linder and I started calling him Tomas.

He was such a lovely man and human being. So caring and generous. I will miss him terribly and send my love to his wife and family and the Artsman family.

Linda Shafer
Box Office Manager
PCPA Conservatory Theatre
Santa Maria, CA.

3 Likes

Wow… my condolences to Tom, his family and the Arts Man team. Over the years I’ve spent a lot of time with Tom on phone and remote support sessions. He was always a great guy to chat with, talk shop and learn from. I’ll miss his voice and his talents.

Frank Nickel
Theatre Manager User since 2006

3 Likes

Tom saw me through so many glitches and needs with humor and grace. Truly a caring and lovely spirit - He is greatly missed… Our love to his family as they navigate this - He was loved in San Diego!

Deborah Smyth
Lamb’s Players Theatre
Coronado, CA
Theatre Manager User since 1996

3 Likes

Oh! my gracious! I just returned from holiday to receive news of Tom. My heart goes out to the Arts Management Team and to all who knew Tom. Tom was a most amazing human being – as you all know. Over the past 6 years Tom came to my rescue on numerous occasions with such intelligence, patience and grace.

My brother died suddenly 2 years ago on January 2 and Tom helped pray away the pain. I know Tom’s father died during the Christmas season 2 years ago so this will be a most difficult time for the family.

Tom shared his special friendship with all who are associated with Arts Management. Please know I carry you all in my heart and offer up angel Blessings to carry you through these difficult days.

Tom was a true treasure. My deepest and most sincere condolences to all.

Margaret Ann Bianco
Empress Theatre

4 Likes