Box Office Representative
Status: Part Time, Hourly
Reports To: Patron Relations Manager
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is seeking arts-loving and customer service oriented individuals to join our Box Office. The Box Office Representative serves as front line customer service between patrons and the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process single tickets, subscriptions, group ticket orders, memberships and gift cards via in-person, phone and online orders. Employ procedures and policies which provide excellent service to patrons, members, donors, volunteers and patrons with special needs.
- Accurately process CDTA Navigator purchases in the CDTA POS System and ticketing system.
- Maintain a positive, professional and user-friendly box office experience for patrons. This will include maintaining a thorough knowledge of events or performances taking place at the Music Hall.
- Follow administrative and box office procedures to insure financial accountability and compliance.
- Compliance with sales, customer service, ticketing, donation, and fulfillment policies and procedures as well as other company policies and procedures.
- Work with Patron Relations Manager to monitor ticket sales and promotions success.
- Provide general administrative support; greet and direct walk-in traffic, answer phones, distribute mail, maintain equipment and keep reception & office areas organized and professional.
- Other duties as assigned by the Patron Relations Manager.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Be comfortable using phones, computerized ticketing system, e-mail, and Microsoft Office.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for the Box Office Representative position, please send a letter and resume to:
Patron Relations Manager
Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
Status: Part Time Hourly, $15/hour
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
The historic Troy Savings Bank Music Hall (Troy, NY) is seeking a part time House Manager. Position is part time with variable scheduling. Candidates should be proactive, self-motivated, conscientious, mature, and have good communications skills with staff, visitors, artistic personnel, and other support such as security guards. A flexible schedule is required as activities are primarily nights and weekends and can involve long days.
- Oversee Front of House operations for performances and events
- Coordinate volunteer ushers to serve as ticket scanners, seating assistance, and program distribution.
- Coordinate concessions and merchandise sales, including assignment of volunteer staff, inventory monitoring, and sales reconciliations.
- Deliver excellent customer service to patrons and visiting artists. Ensure facility is safe, operational and presentable for performances.
- Open and/or close facility according to master schedule; responsible for securing front of house at conclusion of events.
- Monitor and report on facility conditions as needed: temperature, maintenance, and sanitation. Ensure cleanliness and safety of theater by checking seating areas, entrances, and restrooms.
- Oversee patron seating and resolve problems or concerns in a prompt, professional, and courteous fashion. Enforce late seating or other special show policies as performance may require.
- Take the lead in handling unforeseen or emergency situations.
- Settle merchandise sales with artists as needed
- Prepare reports: show summaries, incident reports, sales reports, and deposits.
- Professional and polished demeanor, positive attitude, detail and customer oriented.
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for solutions
- One year of experience coordinating a variety of events and activities at a professional theatre, live music venue, collegiate entertainment facility, or other large public use/entertainment facility.
- Exceptional communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) and presentation skills.
- Enjoy being an integral part of a small dynamic team.
- Able to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of professional entertainment venue operating policies and procedures
- Experience supervising teams
- Crowd management experience/training
- CPR/AED Training a plus
The employee is required to be mobile, talk, and listen in person and over the telephone. The employee must be able to use a computer with keyboard and view a standard size computer monitor. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must be able to lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall is a National Historic Landmark built in 1875. Famous for its world class acoustics, the Music Hall is owned by the Troy Savings Bank Foundation. The Music Hall seats up to 1175 and its programming includes rock, indie, jazz, choral, classical, world music, as well as comedy shows, symphony concerts, recitals, and other events. EOE.
To apply for the House Manager position, please send a letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing
Troy Savings Bank Music Hall