Artsman is a Canadian-based, internationally recognized, software developer of a niche system called Theatre Manager. Theatre Manager is an enterprise-wide CRM for arts, sports, and entertainment organizations. It is self-hosted or cloud-based and provides a fully integrated box office, development, marketing, facility, and volunteer management solution. Artsman prides itself on a culture of trust, communication, teamwork and a deep love for live and in-person entertainment. We foster an open learning environment where employees are empowered to grow and expand their skillset with confidence. We are an innovative, community-minded company geared towards supporting the growth and advancement of the organizations we support.
Artsman is seeking a full-time support specialist to join our team. This position includes assisting clients with day-to-day support via phone or email, training clients online, by phone, or in-person (post-pandemic), and working on niche projects based on skill set and interest. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently.
Artsman is a remote work environment – working from home. The Artsman team communicates over the phone, email, and instant messaging services.
- Provide customer support/problem solving by phone, email, or on-site
- Train clients by phone and in-person on the use of our Theatre Manager software
- Travel periodically throughout Canada and the United States.
- Work with a variety of operating systems, primarily Mac and Windows
- Develop and build strong client relationships
- Offer guidance and display leadership while training/presenting to clients
- Superior listening and communication skills
- Ability to empathize with a client’s problems
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Critical thinking skills – Ability to research and compose solutions
- Curious nature and an eagerness to learn new things
- Self-directed – Ability to motivate and prioritize
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to teach concepts and skills in an engaging manner
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups
- Must possess a valid passport and drivers license
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager. Comprehensive training will be provided
- Knowledge of Word Processors, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of standard accounting principles
Possess one or more of the following:
- Experience with DNS
- Working knowledge of computer networking
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Understanding of Hardware and/or technical skills
- Knowledge of Theatre Administration, Marketing, and/or Development
- Understanding of business practices within the arts
- Versed in industry trends and has future data-based predictions for the industry
Video Editing Skills
- Comfortable with voiceover work
- Proficient in ScreenFlow
- Work collaboratively on drafting scripts
If you are interested in the position, are a Canadian resident and possess the necessary experience, skills, and requirements, please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation in confidence to:
Attn: Bonnie Hamilton
Artsman thanks all who apply for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
Software Specialist-Artsman.pdf (99.3 KB)