Ticket printing

We didn’t ask for this, but we are now getting a blank ticket between each ticket printed. This is driving me crazy and only affects one printer in our office. Any idea what setting will reverse this? I love the planet and abhor wasting paper.

Hi Lisa,

I’m not sure on the settings - are the timing bars accurately printed on the backs of the tickets?

Yes. Otherwise the tickets print perfectly.

Very strange! I would contact ArtsMan and see if they have a suggestion. It may be that a button has been bumped on the ticket printer or something.

Apparently this has happened here before as well, though it was some years ago and we’re having a hard time digging up memories or notes. Tim Walton says he’ll keep mulling it over but in the meantime suggests: “Maybe the timing sensor just needs to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab. The timing sensor is under a metal place with two screws near the middle of a Practical Automation Printer.” Don’t know if that’s helpful at all…

Hi Lisa,
We have had this problem a few times. Sometimes it requires cleaning dust off the sensor, but most of the time it is a really simple fix. First turn off the printer. then remove the ticket stock that is in there. Tear off the ticket that was going through the sensor last. Once you do this the tickets should realign properly when you put then back in and turn the printer back on. I am not sure what exactly causes the misalignment, but for some reason it makes the tickets skip and print every other or across two tickets. You might have to repeat the process once or twice but this usually will fix the pesky problem. Modern technology can be so sensitive. Let me know how it works out.

3 Likes